Workzone uses workspaces to organize your work and set permissions so that each user can access the content appropriate for their role. A user can only access the documents or projects in a workspace once given access to that workspace. Client service organizations will typically set up a workspace for each of their clients; other organizations may create workspaces for internal departments.
Before you create a new workspace, you may wish to do the following:
- Create a logo for the workspace that will appear at the top left of the screen. This logo needs to be saved in .gif, .jpeg or .png format and should be 195 pixels wide by 50 pixels tall. [Hint: Create a transparent box using the specified dimensions and place the workspace logo inside to assure that it fits properly.] If you do not immediately have access to a logo, Workzone will display the workspace name in large text. You can change or update a workspace logo at any time.
- Create users for those at your company that you will want to assign to specific workspaces.
To create a new workspace:
- Select All Workspaces from the workspace drop-down list in the top left.
- Click the settings (gear icon) in the top right.
- On the left-hand menu, under WORKSPACES, click the Add A Workspace button at the top of the main page.
- Enter the workspace name.
- Select a logo image (optional).
- Choose the other users who should have access to this workspace from the user lists (existing Reviewers must first have a workspace chosen which they have access to). By default you are automatically assigned and all Administrators are assigned.
- Click the Create button at the bottom of the page.