User Work Capacity
By default, Workzone uses an 8-hour work day for responsible parties. This is for the purpose of triggering over-allocation indicators in the Workload by Responsible and Workload by Category reports, as seen here:
- If a user is assigned more work hours than their capacity number, Workzone adds red color to that number and cell.
- This column shows the capacity (in hours) of each responsible party, based on the current Timescale at the top of the report.
If your team or specific users have a different work capacity than the default of 8 hours (a part-time worker, for example), different daily work capacities can be applied to individual users. Modifying a user's work capacity value will dictate at what workload value the red highlight appears on the workload report, as shown above. This change only affects the workload report and will not make any changes to project scheduling.
NOTE: Editing workload capacity may require upgrading your current Workzone license. For details, please contact us at email@example.com or call 610-275-9861.
To change work capacity (as an Administrator):
- Select All Workspaces from the workspace drop-down list at the top left of the page.
- Click the settings (gear icon) at the top right of the screen.
- Under USERS on the left menu, click User work capacity.
- The User Work Capacity page appears, as seen here:
- This is the current default for all responsible parties, changing this number impacts any user without an individually customized work capacity.
- For larger teams, the user role tabs can be used to view a smaller subset of the team. The search feature can be used to quickly find a specific user.
- In this column, each user's value can be edited to customize that user's capacity on the workload report. This overrides the default value above.
NOTE: A user's work capacity must be set between 0.25 and 22 in quarter hour increments.